Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update on Mom

Hard to believe it's been over a month since I posted -- lots and lots going on. I've been using GTD to get my life organized, so I have lots of blog topics. I thought I would hit the most important one tonight -- mom :)

As I mentioned, she came through her first chemo treatment really well. The second one hit her like a freight train. She came home from the hospital dehydrated, and it turns out very anemic. She also is getting blood clots from her pic lines.

Now that the doctor is aware he is of course working on treating the symptoms. She just finished her third round of treatment -- actually was in the hospital over the fourth of July -- so let's see how she bounces back. If she bounces back really well, the doctor may let her go to Wyoming. I think it is one of the things keeping her hopes up.

No comments: